Important Information for all Pilgrim Bank customers.
Saturday, May 18th
Pilgrim Bank & Abington Bank branches will be CLOSED.
Monday, May 20th
All branches will be open normal business hours.
What You Need to Know About Online Banking & Bill Pay
Online Banking and Bill Pay
Prior to May 17th, it is recommended that you sign in to your Pilgrim Online Banking to:
- Print any bill pay history or recurring payment information to help you check for accuracy post-conversion.
- Print any loan statement history you wish to keep.
Starting May 20th after 10:00 am
- Access your online banking and bill pay service by visiting abingtonbank.com/login.
- Your User ID and Password will remain the same.
- All of your current payees will be transitioned over to the new system.
- Your previously scheduled and recurring transfers and payments will process without interruption.
- You will need to choose new challenge questions the ﬁrst time you log in to the new system or at a subsequent online banking session.
- Please read and accept the Abington Bank Online Banking Agreement, update your email address(es) and telephone number(s).
Beginning May 20th after 10:00 am
- Please download the Abington Bank mobile app by visiting Google Play or the App Store.
- With Abington Bank mobile banking, you will now have access to Mobile Check Deposit & Balances Now, a feature allowing you to view your account balances and your ﬁve most recent transactions without signing in.
Quicken & QuickBooks
You will need to disable your current Pilgrim Bank feed prior to integration weekend. You will re-establish your bank feed with Abington Bank after the integration. If you have established any bill payments after the integration, these will need to be cancelled and re-established after the integration.